Bev's Crusty Country Italian Bread
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:08:36 AM. Recipe ID 35169. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Bev's crusty country italian bread
Yield: 1 Servings
1 1/4 c WATER; (10 oz)
3 c All purpose FLOUR
1/4 c Pumpernickel FLOUR
1/4 c Whole Wheat FLOUR
1 tb GLUTEN
1 ts SALT
2 ts Active dry YEAST
****Directions for baking Bread in clay cookware:
1. Rub Flour on sides and bottom of clay pot.
2. Remove dough ball from bread machine and place on “oiled” counter
3. Form dough into one oblong loaf.
4. Completely cover shaped dough ball with flour and place in clay pot
5. Let rise 1-3 hours covered in warm place.
6. Soak TOP of Clay Pot in HOT water for at least 15 minutes
7. Place “soaked” clay pot COVER on clay pot bottom.
8. Put into COLD oven. -- Set oven temperature at 450 degrees.
9. Bake 45 minutes.
10. Remove cover, check for doneness and color.
(In my oven, this is enough time for the bread to be done and nicely
browned, however ovens vary, so if necessary, bread may be
baked/browned an additional 15 minutes UN- covered) (Bread will be
done when a finger thump on the loaf’s surface sounds hollow)
11. Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!