Blueberry bavarian sweet dough pie
Bavarian Sweet Dough Pie Chocolate
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:09:22 AM. Recipe ID 36279. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Blueberry bavarian sweet dough pie
Categories: Pies, Chocolate
Yield: 1 Servings
Crisco single crust/10 inch
1 ts Vanilla
1 1/2 oz White chocolate; chopped
5 c Fresh blueberries; divided
1 1/4 c Granulated sugar
1 Unflavoured gelatin/1 tb
1/4 c Cold water
1/4 c Cornstarch
2 ts Lemon juice
1 c Fresh blueberries
1/4 c Plus 1 1/2 tsps granulated s
1 1/2 c Whipping cream
Sweetened whipped cream
1. For crust, prepare Crisco Single Crust substituting 1 tsp vanilla
for 1 tsp of the water. Bake and cool completely.
2. For white confectioners coating, melt white chocolate in top of
double boiler over hot water. Brush on inside of baked pie crust.
3. For filling, place 2-1/2 cups blueberries in large saucepan.
Crush berries. Stir in 1-1/4 cups sugar and cornstarch. Cook and stir
on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Cool. Stir
in remaining 2-1/2 cups blueberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate.
4. For Bavarian layer, place gelatin in cold water to soften. Puree
1 cup blueberries. Heat puree in small saucepan on low heat. Add
gelatin to puree. Stir until dissolved. Stir in 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2
teaspoons sugar. Remove from heat. Cool until almost set. Beat
whipping cream in small bowl at high speed of electric mixer until
stiff peaks form. Fold one third into puree. Fold puree into
remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate.
5. To assemble pie, spoon two thirds of filling into coated pie
crust. Cover with Bavarian layer. Spoon remaining one third of
filling in center of Bavarian.
6. For topping, top with whipped cream. Garnish with blueberries.
Refrigerate until firm.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!