Blueberry cornmeal loaf cake
Cornmeal Loaf Cakes
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:09:23 AM. Recipe ID 36316. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Blueberry cornmeal loaf cake
Yield: 10 Servings
2/3 c Blueberries (fresh or
1 1/2 c All-purpose flour
1/3 c Yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1/2 c Plus
1 tb Nonfat yogurt
1 tb Fresh lemon juice
2/3 c Plus
2 ts Sugar
1/4 c Vegetable oil
1 ts Grated lemon zest
1 lg Whole egg
1 Egg white
1/4 ts Ground cinnamon
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Micaela Pantke)
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 09:26:15 +0200
From: email@example.com (Little red-headed girl) 1. Preheat
oven to 350 F and place rack in center of oven. Lightly oil an 8x4
inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Toss blueberries with 1 Tb flour and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir together remaining flour, cornmeal, and
baking powder. In another small bowl, combine yogurt and lemon juice.
4. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together 2/3 cp sugar, oil, and lemon
zest. Beat in whole egg, then egg white, beating well after each
addition. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the yogurt mixture,
beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
5. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon batter
into the prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 ts
sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake is golden and a toothpick
inserted into the center comes out clean. After 25 minutes of baking
loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil.
7. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn out
onto rack and cool completely. For best flavor, wrap the cake and
store overnight before serving.
8. 205 calories per serving: 4 gm protein, 6 gm fat, 34 gm
180 mg sodium, 22 mg cholesterol.
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!