Blueberry-lemon tea bread
Tea Bread Fruit
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:09:31 AM. Recipe ID 36490. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Blueberry-lemon tea bread
Categories: Desserts, Eat-lf, Fruit
Yield: 16 Servings
1/2 c Butter; unsalted, softened
1 1/3 cn Sugar
2 c All-purpose flour
2 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
2 lg Eggs
1/2 c 1% low-fat milk
1 1/2 c Fresh blueberries
1/4 c Fresh lemon juice; or fresh
1/3 c Sugar; optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 9" by 5" loaf pan.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat margarine or butter
and 1 cup sugar just until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat
until light and fluffy,about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Reduce speed to low; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each
addition until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber
spatula. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, mixing just until
blended. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into loaf pan.
5. Bake loaf 1 hour and 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in
center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on wire rack 10 minutes;
remove from pan.
6. With skewer, prick top and sides of warm cake in many places. In
small bowl, mix lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar. With pastry brush,
brush top and sides of warm cake with lemon glaze. Cool cake on wire
Approx. values per serving: About 195 calories, 3 g protein, 31 g
carbohydrate, 7 g total fat (1 g saturated), 28 mg cholesterol, 200 mg
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!