Braised chicken with fresh mushrooms #2
Chicken Mushrooms Poultry
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:09:59 AM. Recipe ID 37088. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Braised chicken with fresh mushrooms #2
Yield: 6 Servings
1 (3-lb) chicken
1 Clove garlic
2 sl Fresh ginger root
2 tb Soy sauce
1 tb Sherry
Chicken liver and gizzard
1/2 lb Fresh mushrooms
3 Scallion stalks
2 tb Oil
5 tb Oil
1/2 ts Sugar
1/2 ts Salt
1 ds Pepper
3/4 c Water
2 ts Cornstarch
3 tb Water
1. Cut chicken in half: wipe with a damp cloth. Mince garlic and
ginger root; then combine with soy sauce and sherry. Rub mixture over
chicken, inside and out. Let stand 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile dice chicken liver and gizzard. Stem and dice mushrooms.
Cut scallion stalks in 1/2-inch sections.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy pan. Add diced ingredients and scallion
and stir-fry until cooked through (about 3 mioutes). Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Brown each chicken-half separately. Then place
side by side in pan.
5. Add sugar, salt, pepper and water. Bring to a boil; then simmer,
covered, until done (30 to 40 minutes).
6. Remove chicken, leaving liquids in pan. With a cleaver, chop in
bite-size pieces. Arrange on a serving platter and keep warm.
7. Reheat liquids. Return stir-fried ingredients aud reheat.
8. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste;
then stir in to thicken. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!