Last updated 6/12/2012 1:09:59 AM. Recipe ID 37110. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Braised duck
Yield: 6 Servings
3 sl Fresh ginger root
1/2 c Soy sauce
2 tb Sherry
1 Duck; 4 to 5 pounds
6 tb Oil
2 -(up to)
3 c Water
1 ts Sugar
1. Mince scallions and ginger root. Combine with soy sauce and
2. Wipe duck with a damp cloth; then rub inside and out with mixture
(reserve the remainder)--Let duck stand 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy pan. Brown duck lightly on all sides.
Drain off fat.
4. Add water and reserved mixture and bring to a boil; then simmer,
covered, 1 hour.
5. Add sugar and simmer, covered, until tender (about 30 minutes
VARIATION: In step 2 rub duck instead with a mixture of 1 tablespoon
sugar, 2 tablespoons sherry, 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon
cornstarch and 1 teaspoon salt. Omit step 1 and the sugar in step 5.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!