Braised duck with sweet potatoes
Duck Sweet Poultry
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:10:00 AM. Recipe ID 37120. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Braised duck with sweet potatoes
Yield: 4 Servings
2 lg Sweet potatoes
Oil for deep-frying
1 Duck; 3 to 4 pounds
1 Clove garlic
3 sl Fresh ginger root
3 tb Oil
1/4 ts Cinnamon
1/4 tb Ground cloves
1/4 ts Ground star anise
1/2 -(up to)
1 ts Sugar
1 tb Soy sauce
1 c Stock
1 tb Cornstarch
3 tb Water
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1-1/2 inch cubes; dredge ligltly in
cornstarch. Meanwhile heat oil. Deep-fry sweet potatoes until golden.
Drain on paper toweling.
2. Bone duck and cut in 2-inch cubes. Crush garlic. Mince ginger
3. Heat remaining oil. Add garlic and ginger root; stir fry a few
times. Add duck cubes and brown.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cloves, anise and sugar. Stir in soy
sauce. Add stock and bring to a boil.
5. Add deep-fried potatoes and simmer, covered, until duck is tender
6. Blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir
in to thicken sauce.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!