Braised fish with deep-fried bean curd
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:10:01 AM. Recipe ID 37132. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Braised fish with deep-fried bean curd
Yield: 4 Servings
1 (2-lb) fish
2 sl Fresh ginger root
1 Scallion stalk
2 Cakes bean curd
Oil for deep-frying
4 tb Oil
1/4 ts Salt
1 tb Oil
1/4 ts Salt
1 c Water
1 1/2 ts Cornstarch
1 ts Sugar
1 ts Soy sauce
1 ts Sherry
1 ds Pepper
3 tb Water
1. Prepare fish as in steps 1 and 2 of "Basic Braised Soy Fish".
2. Shred ginger root. Cut scallion in 1/2-inch sections.
3. Cut each bean curd cake in 9 cubes. Heat oil to bubbling and
deep-fry bean curd until light golden. Drain on paper toweling.
4. Heat the second quantity of oil until nearly smoking. Add salt,
then fish; brown well on each side (about 3 minutes). Remove from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add remaining salt, along with shredded ginger
root, and stir-fry a few times. Add water and bring to a boil.
6. Add fish and bean curd. Top with scallion sections and simmer,
covered, about 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a cup, blend
cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, sherry, pepper and remaining water to a
7. Transfer fish and bean curd to a warm serving platter, leaving
liquids in pan. Stir in cornstarch paste, to thicken. Pour sauce over
fish and serve.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!