Braised marinated beef
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:10:02 AM. Recipe ID 37162. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Braised marinated beef
Yield: 6 Servings
2 lb Beef chuck
6 tb Soy sauce
4 tb Sherry
1 ts Salt
2 tb Oil
1 tb Sugar
1 tb Vinegar
Water to cover
1. Leave beef whole and pound lightly with the side of a cleaver.
Pierce in several places with fork or skewer.
2. Combine soy sauce, sherry and salt. Add to meat and let stand 2 to
3 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Drain, discarding marinade. Blot meat with paper toweling. Dredge
lightly with flour.
4. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Brown beef quickly. Add sugar, vinegar and
water and bring to a boil.
5. Cook, covered, 15 minutes over medium heat; then simmer, covered,
until tender (about 1-1/2 hours).
NOTE: This extended marinating, being a tenderizing process, is
particularly good for tough cuts of beef. VARIATION: Cut the meat in
large chunks and simmer, covered, only 1 hour in step 5.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!