Braised tung-po pork #2
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:10:06 AM. Recipe ID 37224. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Braised tung-po pork #2
Yield: 6 Servings
2 lb Pork
2 -(up to)
3 tb Oil
1 1/2 c Water
3 sl Fresh ginger root
3/4 c Soy sauce
1 tb Sugar
4 tb Sherry
1 -(up to)
2 lb Spinach
1. Cut pork in 1-1/2 inch cubes. Heat oil in a heavy pan and brown
2. Bring water to a boil in another pan. Slice and crush ginger
root. Add to pork along with soy sauce. Simmer, covered, 1 hour. Skim
off and reserve a ladleful of fat.
3. Add sugar and sherry to pan and simmer, covered, 30 minutes
4. Wash spinach and remove tough stems. Heat reserved fat. Add
spinach and stir-fry until softened but still fresh and green.
5. Line a serving dish with spinach, top with pork cubes, pour
gravy over, and serve.
VARIATIONS: For the spinach, substitute Chinese lettuce or Chinese
cabbage, cut in 2-inch sections.
Leave the pork whole. Brown and pour off excess fat. Add to pan 1
cup water, 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar and 4 tablespoons soy sauce.
Heat, then simmer, covered, until pork is tender (about 1-1/2 hours).
Slice and serve over stir-fried spinach.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!