Braised turnips with meat sauce
Sauces Meat Vegetables
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:10:06 AM. Recipe ID 37229. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Braised turnips with meat sauce
Yield: 4 Servings
1 lb Chinese white turnips
1 Scallion stalk
2 tb Pork gravy
2 tb Soy sauce
1 ts Sugar
2 tb Oil
1/2 c Stock
1 ds Pepper
1. Peel turnips; cut in 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Mince scallion; then combine with pork gravy, soy sauce and sugar.
3. Heat oil. Add turnips and stir-fry 2 minutes.
4. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 5 minutes over
5. Add scallion-gravy mixture and simmer 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with
pepper and serve.
NOTE: The sauce from any red-cooked pork or beef dish can be used for
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!