Breakfast In A Loaf
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:10:24 AM. Recipe ID 37612. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Breakfast in a loaf
Yield: 1 Servings
6 Eggs; scrambled the way you
1 Round loaf bread; (8-9
-inches in diameter) (I made
-a round loaf of potato
-bread for this)
1/4 lb Sliced ham; from the deli,
-(I used turkey ham)
1/2 Red bell pepper; chopped
1/2 c Shredded Monterey Jack
1/2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 c Sliced pitted ripe olives
1 md Tomato; thinly sliced
1 cn (4 oz) sliced mushrooms;
1. Prepare scrambled eggs. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut a 2 inch slice from top of loaf;
set aside for lid. Remove soft interior of loaf, leaving a 1 inch
thick wall and bottom.
3. Place ham on bottom of loaf. Top with red pepper. Sprinkle with
half of the cheeses.
4. Add a layer of all the eggs, the olives, a layer of mushrooms, and
a layer of tomatoes.
5. Top with a layer of the rest of the cheeses.
6. Place lid on loaf. Wrap tightly in foil; place on baking sheet.
Bake about 30 minutes, or until heated through. Cut into 8 wedges.
Note: Can be prepared the night before. Refrigerate, and increase
baking time by about 10 minutes.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!