Brussels Sprouts In Maple Glaze
Sprouts Maple Glaze Vegetables
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:11:09 AM. Recipe ID 38581. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Brussels sprouts in maple glaze
Categories: Cyberealm, Vegetables, Low-cal
Yield: 12 Servings
3 c White Onions, small, peeled
3 c Brussel Sprouts, small
1/2 c Maple Syrup
2 tb Tarraggon Vinegar
3 c Canned Chestnuts
1/2 ts Black Pepper
1. With a small knife, cut an x into the root ends of the onions and
the brussel sprouts.
2. In a large pot of boiling water; blanch onions for 3-4 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Blanch sprouts in the same water for 3-4 minutes.Pour into a
colander; let cool, set aside.
4. In a 3-quart saucepan, warm maple syrup for 4 minutes over medium
~ high heat.
5. Add the vinegar and onions.Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid
has almost evaporated. 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chestnuts and sprouts;stir and cook until sprouts are heated
but still bright green, about 5 minutes.
7. Season with pepper.
Out of "Lose Weight Naturally" cookbook Typed by Brigitte Sealing
Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-786-1120
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!