Butter chicken murgh makhani
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:11:28 AM. Recipe ID 38974. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Butter chicken murgh makhani
Yield: 4 Servings
1/2 c Plain yoghurt
2 oz Ground almonds
1 1/2 ts Chilli powder
1/4 ts Crushed bay leaves
1/4 ts Ground cloves
1/4 ts Ground cinnamon
1 ts Garam masala
4 Green cardamom pod
1 ts Ginger pulp
1 ts Garlic pulp
16 oz Canned tomatoes
1 1/4 ts Salt
1 lb Chicken; skinned, boned and
6 tb Butter
1 tb Corn oil
2 md Onions-sliced
2 tb Chopped fresh coriander
4 tb Light cream
1. Put the yoghurt, ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger,
garlic, tomatoes and salt into a mixing bowl and blend together
2. Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yoghurt
mixture. Set aside.
3. Melt together the butter and oil in a medium karahi (wok) or deep
round-bottomed frying pan (skillet). Add the onions and fry for about
4. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 7-10 minutes.
5. Stir in about half the coriander and mix well.
6. Pour over the cream and stir in well. Bring to the boil. Serve
garnished with the remaining chopped coriander and coriander springs.
Compiled by I. Chaudhary-Gold Coast-Australia
NOTES : Made this one
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!