Buttermilk biscuits #1
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:11:35 AM. Recipe ID 39134. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Buttermilk biscuits #1
Yield: 6 Servings
2 c All-purpose flour
1 tb Baking powder
3/4 ts Salt
1/2 ts Baking soda
5 tb Chilled solid vegetable
1 c Buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, sift together
flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender
or 2 knives, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until coarse
2. Add the buttermilk, tossing with a fork until a dough forms.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gather into a disk.
Knead lightly a few times just until smooth. (The dough can be made
up to 2 hours ahead, wrapped in plastic wrap, and refrigerated until
ready to use.)
4. Pat the dough to 3/4-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter or a glass
dipped in flour, cut out biscuits. Place the biscuits, 2 inches
apart, on an ungreased baking sheet. Gather dough trimmings, pat to
3/4-inch thick, and cut out more biscuits.
5. Bake the biscuits until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!