California sushi roll
California Japanese Rolls
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:11:58 AM. Recipe ID 39700. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: California sushi roll
Yield: 1 Servings
1/2 c Vinegar
1/2 c Sugar
1 c Cooked Rice; Warm
2 tb Sesame Seeds
1/2 c Crab Meat; Cooked
3 tb Fish Roe; Or Golden Caviar
1/2 Avocado; Chopped
1. To prepare rice for this or any other sushi dish, rice must be
2. Combine vinegar and sugar in a enamel saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Cook, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from
4. Stir 2 tablespoons of vinegar - sugar mixture into the cooked,
still warm, rice.
5. Warm rice absorbs the mixture more completely.
6. Stir sesame seeds into rice.
7. Press pickled rice into a square on a small serving platter.
8. Cut rice into squares, and leave rice squares in place.
9. Press each square lightly so that rice clings, and place a small
dab of Wasabi paste on each.
10. Press a bit of crabmeat, fish roe, and avocado on each square.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!