Cannoli alla siciliana #1
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:12:06 AM. Recipe ID 39900. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Cannoli alla siciliana #1
Yield: 6 Servings
1 1/2 c All-purpose flour
1 pn Salt
1/2 ts Baking powder
4 ts Sugar
2 tb Butter
1 c Marsala or dessert wine
1/2 lb Ricotta cheese
4 ts Orange flower water
1/2 c Diced candied orange or
1 oz Bitter chocolate; crushed
1. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, 1 egg, sugar, & butter; mix
2. Gradually add enough wine to make a firm dough. Knead until smooth
& elastic. Roll into very thin sheets; cut into 12 squares.
3. Place metal cannoli tubes diagonally onto each square so tube
divides each square into 2 triangles. Lay points of triangles over
tubes so they meet in middle. Separate remaining egg & use a little
of the egg white to moisten overlap. Press gently to seal.
4. Heat 3-4 inches deep olive oil in deep pan. Fry cannoli until
golden brown, drain well on paper towels, & cool. Remove metal tubes.
5. Combine remaining part of egg with ricottta cheese, orange flower
water, candied orange, & chocolate & blend well. Fill cannoli with
cheese mixture. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
TURTLE CREEK VILLAGE, DALLAS
From the . Downloaded
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!