Cantaloupe sorbet #1
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:12:07 AM. Recipe ID 39915. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Cantaloupe sorbet #1
Yield: 6 Servings
1 tb Honey
3 tb Fresh lemon juice
1 c Sugar
1 c Water
2 lg Or
3 md Cantaloupes
3 tb Brandy
1. Bring honey, lemon juice, sugar, and water to a boil over medium
heat. Cook for 5 min.. Let cool.
2. Seed the cantaloupes. With a melon baller make 18 cantaloupe
balls. Soak the melon balls in brandy. Set aside for garnish.
3. Cut the rest of the cantaloupe flesh into 1-inch pieces and puree
in a food processor until there are 3 cups of puree.
4. Combine the cooled honey-sugar syrup and the cantaloupe puree. Mix
well and freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's
instructions. Transfer to a plastic container and store in the freezer
until needed, no more than 3 days.
5. Allow the frozen sorbet to thaw slightly before serving to enhance
the flavor. Serve with brandied cantaloupe balls as a garnish. Note:
Honeydew melon may be substituted, then substitute lime juice for
W & S TEMPLE STS. SALT LAKE CITY
BEV: HEIDSIECK CHAMPAGNE, 1979
From the . Downloaded
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!