Carbonnades Flamandes August 1997
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:12:17 AM. Recipe ID 40161. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Carbonnades flamandes august 1997
Categories: Main course, Meats, Stew
Yield: 4 Servings
1 kg Beef (alcatra) cut into 1
2 cn Beer*; see notes
2 tb Butter
1 tb Flour (up to 2)
1/4 ts Thyme
1 pn Nutmeg
1 tb Vinegar
1 pn Cumin
2 sl White bread
1 tb Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper; to taste
3 Parsley stems; no leafs
1.Slice onions thin.
2. heat butter or oil and add cubed beef .
3. Cook over high heat until all liquid has evaporated and beef is
4. Stir in onions and cook until it starts to change color.
5. Stir in flour for 2 minutes. Add beer and vinegar and bring to boil
6. Add parsley, bay and spices.
7. Simmer covered for 1 hour.
8. Spread mustard on bread and place it on top of the stew.
9. Simmer 90 minutes or more.
Serve with fries or boiled potatoes
Suggested Wine: Beer
NOTES : Either Belgian beer and then you have to add 1 Tb sugar, I'd
add a tsp or Like I did 2 cans blond beer(bud) and 1/2 to 1 small
bottle dark beer, slightly sweetened Recipe
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!