Cheddar 'n turkey potato pie
Turkey Potato Pie Casserole
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:12:52 AM. Recipe ID 41025. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Cheddar 'n turkey potato pie
Yield: 6 Servings
8 oz Mushrooms; sliced
1/4 c Chopped onion
3 tb Margarine
1/4 c Flour
1/4 ts Dried tarragon
1/4 ts Pepper
1 c Chicken broth
1/2 c Milk
2 c Chopped cooked turkey
1 pk (10.5-oz) frozen mixed
-vegetables; thawed, drained
8 oz Shredded Cheddar cheese
2 c Hot mashed potatoes
1. Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in margarine over medium-high
heat 3 minutes. Stir in flour, tarragon and pepper.
2. Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook stirring frequently until
mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low; stir in turkey, mixed vegetables and 1 cup
cheese. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. Stir 3/4 cup cheese into hot potatoes.
5. Spoon hot turkey mixture into a 1-1/2 quart casserole. Top with
potato mixture. Place under heated broiler 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika; place under broiler 2
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which
contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!