Cheese and mushroom sausages
Cheese Vegetarian Mushrooms
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:12:56 AM. Recipe ID 41128. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Cheese and mushroom sausages
Categories: Cheese, Main course, New, Potatoes, Vegetarian
Yield: 4 Servings
1 pk (212g) instant mashed potato
125 g Closed cup mushrooms;
6 Spring onions; roughly
5 tb Sunflower oil
50 g Freshly grated Parmesan
1 tb Freshly grated Parmesan
-cheese, to garnish
Salt and freshly ground
Peach or spiced fruit
-chutney, to serve
1. Measure 700ml boiling water into a bowl, then add the potato mix
stirring continuously. Stand for 1 minute, then beat until creamy and
smooth. Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
2. Finely chop the mushrooms and onions in a food processor. Heat 2
tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the mushroom mixture
and cook for 1-2 minutes until just soft. Add to the potato with the
cheese and season well.
3. Divide the mixture into eight and shape into large sausages on a
4. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper, then heat the remaining oil. Fry
the sausages for 4-5 minutes, carefully turning once with a non-stick
spatula or palette knife. Take care not to spoil their golden crust.
5. Scatter over the remaining cheese and serve at once with the
chutney, freshly cooked vegetables or a green salad.
NOTES : These simple potato patties have stacks of flavour. You can
grill the sausages if you wish, but they are crisper and more golden
when fried. Serves 4 Preparation: 25 mins Calories/Fat per serving:
385cals / 22g Cost per serving: 50p Recipe
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!