Cheese-stuffed chicken rolls
Chicken Rolls Cheese Italian
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:13:05 AM. Recipe ID 41342. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Cheese-stuffed chicken rolls
Categories: Cheese, Chicken, Italian
Yield: 4 Servings
2 md Tomatoes; peeled and chopped
1/2 c Tomato juice
1 sm Green pepper; finely chopped
1 sm Onion; finely chopped
1 Clove garlic; minced
1/2 ts Salt
1/8 ts Black pepper
1/4 ts Oregano
2 Whole boned and skinned
-chicken breast halves;
1/2 c Low-fat cottage or ricotta
1 Egg yolk
1 ts Parsley; minced
1 ts Parmesan cheese; grated
1/2 c Mozzarella cheese; shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the tomatoes, tomato juice, green
pepper, onion, garlic, salt , pepper and oregano to a boil over
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally
until thickened, about 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place each chicken breast between two sheets of wax
paper and gently pound to a 1/4 inch thickness with a meat mallet, a
small heavy skillet or a rolling pin.
5. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, egg yolk, parsley and
6. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture in the center of each chicken
piece, leaving a 1/2 inch border all around. Roll up and set aside.
7. Spoon half the tomato sauce into an 8 inch pie plate. Arrange the
chicken rolls on top, seam sides down.
8. Pour remaining tomato sauce over them and sprinkle with the
shredded mozzarella. At this point the chicken rolls can be stored,
covered with plastic in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
9. Bake, uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!