Chicken Lemon Soup
Chicken Lemon Soups
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:13:50 AM. Recipe ID 42456. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chicken lemon soup
Yield: 1 Servings
Homemade or canned chicken
Egg yolks (one egg yolk for
-every approx. 15 fl. oz,
-about 444 mL, stock)
Dry white rice
Lemon juice, approx 1 tsp.
-for every 2 egg yolks.
Salt Pepper is optional.
1) Place the soup stock and rice in a pot. How much rice you use is
up to you. If you like your soup thick, use more rice. If you'd
prefer to only have rice at the bottom, use less. Remember that rice
expands to about 3 times its original volume.)
2) Cover the pot and simmer rice in the chicken stock.
3) While the stock and rice are simmering, beat the egg yolks with the
lemon juice until it's a homogenous bright yellow and is slightly
4) When the rice is done, add the egg yolk-lemon juice mixture to the
soup. Pour in the egg mixture with one hand and stir stock rapidly
with the other.
5) Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Some people prefer this soup cold, but I think it's best warm.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!