Chile rellenos con queso
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:14:23 AM. Recipe ID 43244. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chile rellenos con queso
Yield: 6 Servings
6 Poblano pepper
1 1/2 lb Mozzarella cheese
1/4 c Lard
1 Onion; sliced thin
4 tb Flour
1 1/2 lb Tomatoes; pureed
2 Cloves garlic; minced
1 ts Oregano
1/2 ts Cumin
2 Bay leaves
2 c Chicken stock (see index)
4 Eggs; separated
Flour for coating
2 c Vegetable oil
1. Broil poblano peppers until blistered. Peel and remove seeds.
Stuff with cheese. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze.
2. Heat lard in a skillet, add onion and saute until soft. Add 2 tbs.
flour and whisk for 1 min. to prevent lumping. Add tomato puree,
garlic, oregano, cumin, bay leaves and Chicken Stock. Simmer 15 to 20
min, stirring constantly.
3. In a large bowl beat the egg whites unitl stiff but not dry. Whisk
together egg yolks and 2 tbs. flour. Gently fold yolks into whites.
4. Flour frozen chiles and coat with egg mixture.
5. Heat oil to 375 F. Fry chiles, 4 to 5 at a time, until brown,
turning once. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on toweling.
6. Arrange rellenos on serving plate and ladle heated tomato sauce
over them. Serve hot.
MESON DEL LAGO
E. ONTARIO AVENUE, CHICAGO
BEVERAGE: CARTA BLANCA
From the . Downloaded
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!