Chocolate cinnamon snaps
Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:15:22 AM. Recipe ID 44723. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chocolate cinnamon snaps
Categories: Chocolate, Cookies
Yield: 6 Servings
2 c All-purpose flour
1/2 ts Baking soda
1 ds Salt
1/3 c Unsweetened cocoa
2 ts Cinnamon
3/4 ts Cloves
1/2 c Softened butter or
1/2 c Granulated sugar
1/4 c Molasses
Preparation time: 15 min. Baking time: 10 to 12 min. Oven
temperature: 350 degrees F.
A chocolate sugar cookie with the spice of a gingersnap. Perfect for
For 4 dozen cookies you will need:
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder,
cinnamon and cloves.
2. In another bowl, cream the butter until soft. Gradually add sugar,
beating until fluffy.
3. Beat in the molasses and egg. Add flour mixture. Blend until a
stiff dough forms.
4. Roll dough (half or a quarter of dough is easier to work with) on a
lightly floured board to a 1/8-to 1/4-inch thickness.
5. Cut into favorite shapes. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
6. Bake at 35 o degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes depending on
thickness. Cool a minute on sheet before removing to a rack to
7. Repeat with remaining batches. Store in a tin when completely
Variations: The cookies can be sprinkled with chocolate sprinkles ot
holiday colored sugar.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!