Chocolate citrus sticks
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:15:22 AM. Recipe ID 44725. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chocolate citrus sticks
Categories: Candies, Gifts
Yield: 5 Dozen
4 md Oranges
2 1/2 c Sugar
2 1/2 c Water
6 oz Semisweet chocolate
1. Cut the fruit in half and remove the flesh (reserve for another
use), saving only the coloured zest and a thin layer of white pith.
Cut into strips about 1/4" wide and 2-3" long.
2. Drop strips into pan of cold water, place over med-high heat and
bring to boil. Drain and repeat three times. During last boiling,
continue cooking and simmer 30 mins. Drain again and reserve strips.
3. Combine sugar and water in saucepan over med heat and stir to
dissolve sugar. Add strips and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer
for 10-15 mins or until strips are translucent and tender.
4. Remove strips with slotted spoon and place on wire rack. Allow
to dry for 8 hours or overnight.
5. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water. Dip
strips a few at a time to coat. Remove to sheet of aluminum foil and
allow chocolate to set. Store in tightly covered container in
These keep indefinitely.
Var~ Instead of 4 oranges, try 3 grapefruit or 6 lemons or tangerines
Contributor: "The Holidays" John Hadamuscin
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!