Last updated 6/12/2012 1:15:35 AM. Recipe ID 45028. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chocolate hearts
Categories: Chocolate, Pastry
Yield: 4 Hearts
1/2 lb Bittersweet chocolate
Raspberry Coulis (separate
Creme Anglaise (separate
Chocolate Mousse (separate
Royal Icing (separate
1. To temper chocolate, cut off one third; set aside. Break remainder
into small pieces, and melt in a dry metal bowl over simmering water.
When chocolate reaches 100' on a chocolate thermometer, remove from
wa- ter bath and add reserved chocolate. Stir until chocolate cools
to 85'; remove unmelted pieces. Place over hot water again, and stir
until chocolate reaches 90'.
2. Brush 8 heart-shaped molds with chocolate, a thin layer at a time.
Make shells as thin as possible but sturdy enough for filling.
3. Place molds in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chocolate
begins to separate from mold. Without touching chocolate, turn shells
out onto a parchment-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to
4. Pour a thin laver of raspberry coulis onto dessert plates. Pour
creme anglaise into a small parchment-paper pastry bag, and cut a
tiny hole at the end. Dot perimeter of coulis with creme anglaise. In
one circular motion, lightly drag a wooden skewer through dots to
make heart shapes.
5. Using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe mousse into
each shell, piling high. Carefully place a second shell on top.
6. Decorate tops of hearts as desired with royal icing, using a
pastry bag with a small star tip. Refrigerate. Set hearts out at room
temperature 20 minutes before serving.
MAKES 4 HEARTS, 4 To 6 INCHES WIDE
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!