Chocolate Mousse Souffle Cordon Bleu
Chocolate Mousse Souffles
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:15:43 AM. Recipe ID 45241. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chocolate mousse souffle cordon bleu
Yield: 2 Servings
6 oz Semisweet chocolate; (12 oz)
6 tb Unsalted butter
6 Eggs; separated
1. Heat oven to 475°F. Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan and
allow to melt over low heat.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in egg yolks until chocolate thickens
slightly. Pour into large mixing bowl.
3. Beat egg whites until very firm, but stop short of allowing them to
4. Stir a third of the whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten
it. Fold in the remainder quickly with bold strokes. It's better to
leave a few pockets of white rather than overmix.
5. Butter the inside of a low-sided one-quart souffle' mold and coat
the surface lightly with granulated sugar. Pour in the mousse
mixture. There is no danger if you leave the souffle out for several
minutes before putting it in the oven. You can even open the oven
door while the souffle is cooking to turn or move the mold if the top
is rising unevenly. (Recipe may be done ahead to this point. Store in
the refrigerator until ready to bake.)
6. Place souffle in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 425°F
and continue baking 5 to 7 minutes more. Sprinkle with confectioners
sugar and serve at once.
NOTE: If you're in a time bind, the recipe done through Step 5 is an
excellent chocolate mousse and needs no further cooking. Simply spoon
it into serving dishes or glasses.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!