Chocolate pumpkin pudding
Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:15:52 AM. Recipe ID 45450. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chocolate pumpkin pudding
Yield: 4 Servings
1/2 c Dried cherries
1/4 c Amaretto
1 1/2 c Dried bread crumbs
1/2 Cu Dutch processed cocoa
1/4 c Ground almonds
1 1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
1/4 ts Ground cloves
1 pn Salt
1 c Butter or margarine; at room
1/2 c Granulated sugar
1 1/2 c Solid pack canned pumpkin
2 lg Eggs
Grand Marnier Sauce; for
12 White Chocolate Leaves; for
1. One day before you make the pudding, place the dried cherries in an
airtight container and cover with amaretto.
2. Grease four 1-cup ovenproof pudding dishes or custard cups. Cut
four squares of aluminum foil or parchment paper large enough to
cover the tops of the pudding dishes.
3. Combine the bread crumbs, cocoa powder, almonds, spices, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the
butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin and eggs and
beat until the mixture is smooth. Beat in the dry ingredients.
5. Drain the cherries, reserving the amaretto for another use.
Immediately fold cherries into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon the mixture
into the prepared pudding dishes and cover tightly with the foil or
paper. (If parchment paper is used, secure it in place with a sting.)
6. Place in a steamer or pot with enough water to cover the bottom by
2 inches and cover. Steam over medium-low heat for 3 hours. Cool
completely on wire racks without removing the foil covers. Chill 30
minutes, or until ready to serve.
7. Meanwhile, make the Grand Marnier sauce and the white chocolate
8. To assemble, invert the chilled puddings onto small serving plates.
Spoon the sauce over the top and garnish each pudding with three
chocolate leaves. Serve with additional Grand Marnier sauce on the
side and a glass of amaretto, if desired.
Baking Notes: Fresh or canned cherries will not work in this recipe.
The sauce can be prepared with amaretto in place of the Grand Marnier.
Makes 4 servings. Chill Time: 30 minutes Steaming time: 3 hours Per
serving: 627 Calories; 52g Fat (76% calories from fat); 5g Protein;
32g Carbohydrate; 213mg Cholesterol; 525mg Sodium
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!