Chocolate velvet mousse cake with raspberries
Chocolate Mousse Raspberries Cakes
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:16:02 AM. Recipe ID 45686. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chocolate velvet mousse cake with raspberries
Categories: Cakes, Chocolate, Desserts, New, Try this so
Yield: 8 Servings
400 g Plain chocolate
125 g Unsalted butter
5 md Free-range eggs; separated
125 g Caster sugar
142 ml Double cream
Icing sugar; to dust
225 g Fresh raspberries or frozen
250 g Mascarpone cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line a 25cm/10 in
round loose-bottomed cake tin.
2. Break the chocolate into a bowl and add the butter. Stand the bowl
over a saucepan of simmering water and heat until melted (donít allow
the chocolate to overheat or boil).
3. In a clean bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar
until thick and pale.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolks, then add the cream and
mix well together. Carefully fold in the egg whites.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes.
Donít be alarmed if the cake still seems wobbly when you remove it
from the oven - - it sets as it cools.
7. When the cake is cold, dust it with icing sugar, and serve with the
raspberries and mascarpone.
NOTES : Once youíve tasted this exceptional chocolate cake, youíll be
making it time and time again. Serves 8 Preparation: 12 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes Calories/fat per serving: 642 cals / 45g Cost per
serving: £1.35 Chefs Note: The moist, sticky texture in the centre of
this cake is one of the things that makes it special, so be careful
not to overcook it. Kerry: Photo looks gorgeous - rich and gooey in
the middle. Recipe
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!