Chopped Liver A La Rosenthal
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:16:10 AM. Recipe ID 45897. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chopped liver a la rosenthal
Yield: 1 Servings
1 lb Chicken liver; (I don't have
-to remind observants to
-grill it first - if you are
-not observant don't - it
-loses a lot of flavor this
2 Onions - cut to thins rings;
-(in the last year or two I
-have been using pre-sliced
-half - fried onions that
-are available in Israel in
-a glass jar complete with
-oil and its yummy, plus no
-crying over cut onions), up
2 Eggs; up to 3
Frying oil; (if not using
-above mentioned onion
Salt and black pepper
Source : The sweetest Granny in the world Dvora Rosenthal
Serves : About 12 fressers
1. If making onions from scratch, cut, fry till golden but not more.
2. If using onion jar, use whole jar. heat until sizzeling.
3. Add livers and cook until they change color at medium heat. Be very
careful not to overcook. Turn frequently and try not to pierce livers.
4. When livers are grayish on outside and still pink on inside add
eggs UNCOOKED as if making sunny side up omlete (with livers and
onions). Wait about 2 mins, until eggs look like sunny side up omlete.
5. Turn heat off. Pour the whole pan (oil, livers, onions, eggs) into
MEAT GRIND. This is very important not to process the liver
(remember, its chopped, not mashed). Grind once. Add seasonings to
6. Options for additions : Brandy (I don't know if its KLP though),
or my favorite, truffe mushrooms.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!