Christmas cardamon bread
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:16:14 AM. Recipe ID 45989. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Christmas cardamon bread
Yield: 2 Servings
1 1/2 c Milk
3/4 c Butter
3/4 ts Salt
1 c Sugar
1 ts (rounded) Cardamon
1 pk Yeast
9 c Flour (approximate)
---- Manual Bread Making (NOT Converted to B/M) Yield: Three 12"
* Scald Milk, ADD Sugar, Butter, Salt, and Cardamon. LET COOL ......
* Dissolve Yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, ADD Eggs and 2 cups Flour
.... Mix well (Dough-hook on KA works well) .... Let REST for 10 or
15 minutes * ADD Flour (7 cups +/-) until a STIFF Dough is formed
.... KNEAD, then (cover with Towel) let RISE to DOUBLE in size ....
takes about 2 hours.
* PUNCH Dough down and DIVIDE into 9 equal parts .... ROLL each of
the 9 pieces of dough into strips about 18" long ..... then BRAID the
dough strips, 3 at a time, into three loaves, each about 12" long
* Place loaves on buttered Cookie Sheets and let RISE to DOUBLE in
size .... BAKE at 400 F until crust is DARK BROWN or until Bread is
* Brush a GLAZING Liquid over the Loaves .. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1 TBS Butter .. Place back in the Oven for a minute to dry.
Posted on $P BREADS AND PIZZA on 01/06 by JAMES MALIA (DCBC39A)
MM by Cathy Svitek
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!