Chutney Pecans Snacks Appetizers
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:16:24 AM. Recipe ID 46238. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chutney pecans
Categories: Desserts, Snacks, Appetizers
Yield: 30 Servings
1/4 c Butter or margarine
1/4 c Vegetable oil
1/4 c Brown sugar
3 tb Curry powder
1 tb Ground ginger
1/4 ts Cayenne pepper
1 1/2 lb Pecan halves
1/3 c Chutney; finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet over medium
heat, heat butter and oil until butter melts.
2. Stir in brown sugar, curry powder, ginger, and cayenne. Add pecans
and stir until well coated.
3. Add chutney to pan and mix well. Salt to taste.
4. Line two baking sheets with paper towels. Spread pecans in pan.
Bake until pecans are toasted, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove pecans from paper towels and let cool. (Do not let pecans
cool on paper towels or they will stick.)
Makes about 7 cups.
Timesaver Tip: Nuts can be made up to a week ahead and stored,
covered, in refrigerator. Nuts can also be frozen up to 2 months.
NOTES : A generous coating of spices gives these pecans a memorable
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!