Cleaning Drip Coffee Maker
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:16:51 AM. Recipe ID 46936. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Cleaning drip coffee maker
Categories: Jolyn, Miscellaneo
Yield: 1 Servings
1 qt White vinegar
1 Coffee filter
Mineral Deposits and Cleaning
Clean your coffeemaker at least once a month to flush out mineral
deposits left by water that can clog your coffeemaker. Frequency of
cleaning will be affected by water hardness. If you live in a hard
water area, you may have to clean the coffeemaker more frequently.
Excessive steaming or a prolonged brewing cycle are signs that
cleaning is needed. Remove the coffeemaker from the mounting brackets
and place on the counter to clean, since during cleaning, more
steaming occurs than when brewing coffee.
1. Pour 1 quart of white vinegar into the reservoir; add cold water
up to the 10-cup line and replace reservoir in coffeemaker.
2. Put a paper filter in the filter basket; put basket into place.
Set the carafe on the keeps-hot plate.
3. Turn the coffeemaker on.
4. Let 1/2 the cleaning solution drip into the carafe, then turn the
5. Cool for 15 minutes.
6. Turn the coffeemaker on again and let the remaining cleaning
solution drip into the carafe.
7. Turn the unit off; discard the cleaning solution and filter.
8. Fill the reservoir with cold water to the 10-cup line.
9. Repeat steps 2-3.
10. Let all the water drip into the carafe, then turn the coffeemaker
11. Wash and dry the reservoir, reservoir cover, grille, filter
basket, carafe and lid.
12. Return the coffeemaker to the mounting brackets.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!