Coq Au Vin (Chicken In Wine)
Chicken Wine Poultry
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:17:45 AM. Recipe ID 48283. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Coq au vin (chicken in wine)
Categories: Poultry, France
Yield: 6 Servings
1 1/2 tb Butter
1 tb Oil
125 g Salt pork, ham or bacon,
12 Button onions
1 To 2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 c Button mushrooms
1 Chicken, jointed or 6
1/2 c Seasoned flour
3/4 Level teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 ts Thyme
2 Bay leaves
2 Sprigs parsley
1/4 c Brandy
1 sm Bottle red wine(claret or
1 Level teaspoon sugar
2 Level teaspoons flour
1/4 c Finely chopped parsley
1. heat butter and oil in pan, fry pork, onions, garlic
2. add mushrooms, fry gently, remove ingredients from pan
3. dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour and saute in the pan for
5 - 10 minutes until well brown.
4. return mushrooms, onions and pork to pan, add salt, pepper,
thyme, bay leaves and parsley.
5. cover and cook over low heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
6. warm brandy, ignite and add to the pan, allow to burn for 1
minute, then extinguish by pouring in the red wine. add sugar.
7. blend flour with some of the liquid, add to dish, stir till
thickened. serve hot, garnish with finely chopped parsley and mashed
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!