Pork spareribs in black bean sauce/see jup pa
Pork Chinese Beans
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:18:41 AM. Recipe ID 49670. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Pork spareribs in black bean sauce/see jup pa
Categories: Chinese, Pork
Yield: 6 Servings
2 lb Pork Ribs
2 qt Water
2 tb Salty black beans
2 tb Oil
1 Clove garlic, crushed
1 Green onion, chopped
2 1/2 c Chicken stock
1/2 ts Salt
1 ts Sugar
1 tb Thin soy sauce
1 tb Oyster sauce
2 tb Cornstarch
4 tb Cold water
1. Have the butcher cut the spareribs into strips 1 1/2" wide and you
cut the bones apart and trim off the fat.
2. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, and parboil the meat for 3
minutes; drain well.
3. Wash black beans thoroughly two times; drain, and then crush beans
with the handle of your cleaver or chop very fine with a sharp knife.
4. Heat wok, add oil, garlic and spareribs. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add black bean mixture and all remaining ingredients except the
cornstarch and 4 tablespoons cold water. Bring to a fast boil and
then turn to medium heat, cover, and cook for 40 minutes.
6. Make a thickening with cornstarch and 4 tablespoons cold water and
add to the sparerib mixture. Bring to a boil again, and serve.
NOTE: Pork spareribs with black bean sauce will still taste delicious
the second or third day. Reheat for 7 minutes before serving. Serve
over rice as a plate dinner, accompanied by a condiment prepared with
Chinese Hot Mustard. Hot mustard requires 2 tsp. dry mustard to 2 t.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!