Quatorze's chocolate praline mousse
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:19:26 AM. Recipe ID 50766. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Quatorze's chocolate praline mousse
Categories: Desserts, Chocolate
Yield: 8 Servings
2/3 oz Good-quality semisweet
2 oz Good-quality unsweetened
2 c Heavy or whipping cream
3 Eggs, separated
1/4 c Confectioner's sugar
1/2 c Praline paste
1/8 ts Salt
1/4 c Brown creme de cacao
1 tb Unsalted butter, melted &
-cooled to room temp
1 tb Brewed espresso or very
-strong coffee, cooled
Calories per serving: Number of Servings: 8 Fat grams
: Approx. Cook Time: Cholesterol per serving: Marks:
1. Break both the chocolates into chunks and place them in the top
of a double boiler over simmering water. Heat until melted, stirring
occasionally. Set aside and cool to lukewarm.
2. Whip the cream until it is stiff and doubled in volume. Set it
3. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Then add the
confectioners' sugar 1 T. at a time, beating constantly until the
whites are stiff but not dry. Set them aside.
4. Combine the praline paste, salt, and creme de cacao in a large
mixing bowl. Stir well, and add the egg yolks. Whisk until smooth.
5. Add the melted butter, espresso and melted chocolate to the
praline paste mixture, and blend thoroughly. Then, using a rubber
spatula, fold in the whipped cream. Finally, very gently, fold in the
6. Spoon the mousse into individual bowls or a large serving bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!