Roast orange chicken in clay pot
Roast Orange Chicken
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:20:36 AM. Recipe ID 52410. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Roast orange chicken in clay pot
Yield: 4 Servings
1/3 c Brown sugar
1 ts Grated orange peel
1 c Orange juice
-Dash of hot pepper sauce
1 Whole chicken, about 3 lbs.
1 tb Butter or margarine,
2 Orange slices, 1/2'd
1 tb Cornstarch dissolved in 2
1. Soak top & bottom of a 2 qt. clay pot in water about 15 mintues.
2. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, orange peel, orange juice &
3. Rinse & dry the chicken; remove excess fat around the cavity. Rub
w/ butter & place inside pot. Pour sauce over all. Secure orange
slices on top of chicken w/ wooden toothpicks.
4. Cover & place cooker in the middle of a cold oven. Turn the oven
475 & bake 1 hour. Remove the lid & bake uncovered for 10 minutes to
brown the skin lightly.
5. Remove chicken to a heated platter. Place sauce in a small
saucepan & heat over medium-high heat. Add dissolved cornstarch to
liquid & cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens & bubbles.
Serve w/ chicken.
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 1 1/4 hours From: Elizabeth Norsworthy Date:
07 Mar 94
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!