Rock Springs Sweet Onion Pizza
Sweet Onion Pizza
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:20:46 AM. Recipe ID 52669. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Rock springs sweet onion pizza
Yield: 6 Servings
1991 Blue Ribbon Winner
1 c Yellow cornmeal
1 1/3 c Cold water, divided into two
-2/3 cups of water
1/4 c Plus 2 tablespoons grated
2 tb Olive oil
3 md Size sweet onions, thinly
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 sm Green pepper, sliced 1/4
1 tb Each dried basil and oregano
1/4 ts Black pepper
2/3 c Cooked and drained dark red
2 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c Pizza sauce
From Cathy Dorsey, New River AZ
1. Heat oven to 375
2. In small bowl mix cornmeal with 2/3 cup cold water. in a small
saucepan bring the remaining 2/3 cup of water to a boil. Gradually
add the cornmeal mixture to the boiling water. Lower heat and whisk
constantly with a fork until thick. Remove from heat and stir in 2
tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
3. When cool enough to handle, wet hands and pat cornmeal mixture
evenly into a 12 inch pizza pan or lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Bake cornmeal crust, uncovered for 15 minutes or until it is just
5. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-low heat, heat olive oil; add
onion, garlic and green peppers. Cook uncovered for three minutes.
Add basil, oregano, and black pepper. Stir, reduce heat to low, and
cook, covered, for five minutes. Stir in the beans and set aside.
6. Remove the crust from the oven, sprinkle with half of the
mozzarella cheese and half of the remaining Parmesan cheese. Spoon
the bean mixture on top. Pour the pizza sauce evenly over it and
scatter the remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Cut into wedges and serve.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!