Roman pepper pastry crust
Pepper Crust Pizza
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:20:49 AM. Recipe ID 52741. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Roman pepper pastry crust
Yield: 6 Servings
2 c Flour
1/4 ts Salt
1/2 ts Coarsely ground black pepper
1 Extra large egg, beaten
4 tb Water (approximately)
1/2 c Packed down naturally
-rendered pork lard
Yield: 1-12 inch tart shell
"This is an excellent tart or panzerotti dough. The lard makes it
flaky, extremely flavorful, and easy to roll out."
1. Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Mix the egg and 2 Tbspl of the water together in a small bowl.
3. Add the lard to the dry ingredients and rub the flour between the
palms of your hands until it is evenly distributed.
4. Stir in the egg-water mixture and work the dough with your hands
until it is smooth. Add the remaining water 1 Tbsp at a time if the
dough appears too dry.
5. Put the dough into an oiled bowl, cover the bowl tightly with
plastic wrap, and let it stand at room temperature for about 30
minutes before rolling it out.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!