Scallops in wine (nz)
Scallops Wine New Zealand Seafood
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:22:22 AM. Recipe ID 54983. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Scallops in wine (nz)
Categories: New zealand, Seafood
Yield: 4 Servings
2 Dozen Scallops
Small Bottle dry white
1 Bay leaf
1/2 lb Mushroom
4 sl To 6 sl Bread
4 To 6 Quarters Lemon
1. Wash and drain the scallops, slice up the mushrooms, seperate the
white from the yolks and lightly beat the yolks.
2. Put the scallops in a bowl, cover with wine and allow them to soak
for 15 minutes with the bay leaf added.
3. Season to taste and cook in wine at a low heat for
4. Remove the scallops from the wine and drain them and place in a
warming dish. Retain the marinade.
5. Fry the mushrooms in butter at a low heat, stirring constantly.
6. Bring the marinade to the boil and add 1/2 teaspoonful of butter.
Thicken with the egg yolks.
7. Combine with mushrooms and scallops and douse in the wine sauce.
8. Serve on a bed of bread fried in butter and garnish with parsley
and lemon. Serves 4
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!