Southwestern stuffed peppers
Peppers Vegetables Mexican
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:23:51 AM. Recipe ID 57139. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Southwestern stuffed peppers
Categories: Mexican, Vegetables, Main dish
Yield: 6 Servings
6 lg Green, red or yellow peppers
1/2 lb Italian sausage or chorizo,
1 lg Clove garlic, minced
1 pk (8 ounces) Pepperidge
-Farm Corn Bread Stuffing
2 c Shredded Monterey Jack
-cheese with jalapeno
1 cn (14'/2 ounces) Swanson*
1 lg Red pepper, chopped
1. With sharp knife, slice tops offthe 6 peppers; discard seeds and
2. In 5-quart saucepan, place peppers in enough boiling salted water
to cover Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Drain peppers
on paper towels. Empty water from saucepan.
3. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, brown sausage with garlic
stirring to separate meat.
4. In large bowl, combine sausage, stuffing, cheese and 3/4 cup of the
broth. Toss to mix well. Fill peppers with stuffing mixture.
5. In 5-quart saucepan, combine remaining broth and chopped red
pepper. Arrange stuffed peppers in broth. Heat to boiling. Reduce
heat to low Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and
filling is hot. Remove stuffed peppers to serving platter; keep warm.
6. In covered blender container, carefully blend red pepper-broth
mixture until smooth. Serve with stuffed peppers.
Makes 6 servings.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!