Spinach Italian Pasta Cheese
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:24:31 AM. Recipe ID 58077. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Spinach gnocci
Categories: Italian, Pasta, Cheese
Yield: 4 Servings
1 1/2 lb Fresh Spinach Cooked
& Drained & Chopped OR
1 lb Frozen Chopped Spinach
1/2 lb Mozzarella Grated
1 1/2 c Flour
1 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Eggs Beaten
Freshly Grated Nutmeg
Extra Flour for Coating
A Little Butter
1. Drain Spinach & Then Puree in a Processor. Put the Puree Into a
Saucepan & Dry It Over the Heat for a Minute. Remove from the Heat.
2. in a Bowl, Mix Together the Mozzarella, Flour, Parmesan, Eggs &
Spinach. Season With Pepper & Nutmeg. If the Mixture Is Very Soft,
Put It Into the Refrigerator To Firm Up for About 30 Min.
3. Roll Heaped Teaspoons Of the Mixture in a Little Flour. this
Can Be Done Ahead Of Time.
4. To Cook the Gnocchi, First Heat the oven To Low To Keep the
Gnocchi Warm AS They'Re Ready. Half-Fill a Large Saucepan With
Lightly Salted Water & Bring Just To a Boil.
5. Drop 6-8 Gnocchi Into the Water & Let Them Simmer Very Gently
for About 5-10 Min, until They Float To the Surface.
6. Make Sure the Water Does Not Get Beyond a Bare Simmer, & Remove
the Gnocchi as Soon as They Are Ready or They May Fall Apart.
7. Drain the Gnocchi Well, Then Put Them Into a Warmed Serving
Dish, Dot With a Little Butter & Keep Them Warm While You Cook
8. When All the Gnocchi Are Done, Sprinkle With Grated Parmesan
Cheese and Serve Immediately.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!