Spring street prosciutto bread
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:24:37 AM. Recipe ID 58237. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Spring street prosciutto bread
Yield: 2 Servings
2 1/2 ts Active dry yeast
1 c Warm (105-110F) water
2 tb Olive oil
3 1/4 c Flour
1 1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Black pepper
1 c Fresh Parmesan cheese
2 c Minced prosciutto
Cornmeal for dusting
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a large mixing bowl and set
aside for 15 minutes.
2. Stir in the eggs and oil. Combine 3 cups of the flour with the
salt and pepper, and stir into the yeast mixture. Knead to combine
adding more flour, a little at a time, to make a firm dough.
3. Combine the parmesan cheese and the prosciutto and lightly dust
with flour. Work the misture into the dough. Turn the dough out onto
a floured board and knead until smooth, 10 minutes. Return the dough
to a well-oiled bowl, cover, and set aside to rise in a warm place
until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
4. Punch down the dough and knead for 3 minutes. Divide the dough in
half. Form each half into a oblong loaf. Sprinkle 2 baking sheets
with cornmeal and place a loaf on each. Set aside to rise until
doubled in size, about 1 hour.
5. Line the oven with wet baking tiles, stones or trays of terra-cotta
chips and preheat to 425F.
6. Using a razor, make 6 slashes diagonally across the top of each
loaf. Bake until golden, about 40 minutes, spraying with a plant
mister every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes of baking. Cool on a
Makes 2 loaves.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!