Last updated 6/12/2012 1:24:39 AM. Recipe ID 58285. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Squash lasagna
Categories: Casseroles, Meats
Yield: 6 Servings
1 lb Squash,yellow crookneck
1 lb Zucchini
1/2 ts Salt
6 tb Butter or margarine
1/2 lb Italian sausage,no casings
1 1/2 c Spaghetti sauce,canned
1/2 c Monterey Jack cheese,shreded
1 1/2 c Cottage cheese,low-fat
1/4 c Parmesan cheese,grated
1/4 c Bread crumbs
1 ts Butter,melted
1. Slice squash into 1/2-inch-thick pieces; sprinkle with salt and
2. Saute squash in butter in a skillet over medium heat; drain and set
3. Add sausage to skillet; cook until browned, stirring until crumbly.
Drain of excess fat.
4. Add spaghetti sauce to meat; simmer until thickened, about 10
5. Layer half the vegetables, meat sauce, Jack cheese and cottage
cheese in a 12x7-inck baking dish.
6. Repeat layering; top with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs mixed
with melted butter.
7. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!