Squid stuffed with ricotta & spinach
Spinach Italian Seafood
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:24:40 AM. Recipe ID 58306. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Squid stuffed with ricotta & spinach
Categories: Italian, Seafood
Yield: 4 Servings
8 lg Squid (about 2 pounds)
1 Medium-sized onion, minced
1 Garlic clove, minced
2 tb Olive oil
1 tb Unsalted butter
1/2 lb Fresh spinach, trimmed of
-stems and washed, or 1/2
2/3 lb Ricotta
1 tb Chopped Italian parsley
Coarse salt and freshly
-ground pepper to taste
1/2 c Dry white wine
2 c Canned Italian tomatoes
1 Lemon, quartered
SQUID STUFFED WITH RICOTTA AND SPINACH
Do not overstuff the squid or they may split while they cook. Rice and
fennel go well with this dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Clean the squid and chop the
tentacles finely. Set them aside.
2. Saute the onion and the garlic in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil
and the butter until the onion is soft. Add the tentacles and cook
for 2 minutes.
the spinach and saute, stirring, until it has wilted. Drain off any
extra liquid and cool the spinach.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, parsley, and the
mixture. Mix thoroughly and season with salt, pepper, and hot pepper
4. Stuff the mixture loosely into the squid and close the openings
securely with a toothpick.
5. Use the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to grease a rectangular
baking dish large enough to hold the squid comfortably in one layer.
Arrange the squid in the dish and add the wine and tomatoes. Season
with salt, pepper and more hot pepper flakes, if you wish.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the squid is tender and the
sauce has thickened. If there is too much sauce, raise the oven
temperature and allow the liquid to reduce. If there is too little,
add more white wine. Serve the squid with lemon quarters.
Yield: 4 servings.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!