Last updated 6/12/2012 1:25:12 AM. Recipe ID 59042. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Strawberry-forgotten torte
Yield: 6 Servings
5 Egg whites, room temperature
1/4 ts Salt
1/2 ts Cream of tartar
1 1/2 c Sugar
1 ts Vanilla
1 c Whipping cream, whipped
2 tb Sliced almonds
1 pt Medium strawberries, halved
1 ts Powdered sugar
1. Beat egg whites with salt until frothy. Add cream of tartar and
beat until stiff.
2. Add sugar, one Tbsp at a time, beating constantly until thick
about 10 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
3. Spread meringue in well-greased 8 inch-square baking dish. Place
in preheated 450 F oven; turn off heat and close oven door. Leave
meringue in oven at least 5 hours or overnight without opening door.
4. Two hours before serving, spread whipped cream over top and
5. Sprinkle almonds over whipped cream and arrange berries
attractively over top. Gently sieve powdered sugar over berries.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!