Last updated 6/12/2012 1:26:11 AM. Recipe ID 60482. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Tangerine sherbet
Yield: 6 Servings
5 lb Tangerines
1 c Minus 1 tb sugar
Cognac, brandy or orange
-liqueur to taste
Mint leaves for garnish
1. Using a zester or flat grater with 1/16-inch holes, make long
shred from rind of 1 tangerine. Reserve the shreds.
2. Cut tangerines in half. Squeeze juice from tangerines into large
nonaluminum bowl. Save shells if desired to use as serving cups.
3. Put 1 cup of the juice and sugar into nonaluminum saucepan. Heat
just until sugar dissolves. Stir warmed mixture into remaining juice.
Add reserved shreds. Stir in cognac 1 teaspoon at a time to desired
4. Refrigerate until cold.. Then freeze in ice-cream machine
according to manufacturer's directions. Then put in freezer at least
15 minutes before serving. (see note)
5. Let soften slightly before serving if necessary. Garnish with mint
NOTE: If an ice-cream machine is unavailable, mixture may be
still-frozen in shallow nonaluminum bowl or pan. Put into freezer and
allow to freeze until mixture is solid 2 inches in from sides. Beat
vigorously with fork. Repeat beating and freezing 2 more times.
Posted By email@example.com (Rebecca Radnor) On rec.food.recipes or
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!