Technicolor bean salad
Salad Vegetables Beans
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:26:19 AM. Recipe ID 60676. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Technicolor bean salad
Categories: Rice/beans, Salads, Vegetables
Yield: 10 Servings
1 Can Chick-peas
1 Can White Kidney Beans
1 Can Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Baby Lima Beans
1 Can Black-eyed Peas
1 lb Fresh Green Beans
1 c Chopped scallions
1/2 c Italian Parsley, chopped
1 Egg yolk
1/3 c Red wine vinagar
1 tb Granulated sugar
1 tb Chopped garlic
1 c Olive oil
Fresh Ground Pepper
1. Drained canned beans, rinse thoroughly with water, and drain again.
2. Cook green beans by trimming and dropping into a pot of boiling
water. Do not cover the pot. Stir the beans occasionally so they cook
evenly. Cooking takes 5-15 minutes; or until desired crunch is
obtained. Drain, pat dry, and cut into 2-inch lengths.
3. Toss canned and fresh beans together in a large bowl. Pour in
dressing, sprinkle on the scallions, and toss again.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving. Garnish with
chopped parsley. Serve at room temperature.
1. Combine egg yolk, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and salt and pepper to
taste in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
2. With the motor running, slowly dribble in the olive oil.
3. Taste, correct seasoning if necessary, and transfer to storage
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!