Veal Stew W/ Oranges~ Carrots & Mushrooms
Veal Carrots Mushrooms Stews
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:17 AM. Recipe ID 63571. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Veal stew w/ oranges~ carrots & mushrooms
Categories: Magazine, Soups/stews, Meats
Yield: 8 Servings
4 tb Olive oil
1 3/4 lb Mushrooms; halved
4 lb Veal stew meat; cubed
1/3 c Flour; all-purpose
2 md Onions; chopped
2 md Oranges
1 c Chicken broth
3 cl Garlic; minced
1 lb Baby carrots; peeled
1 ts Salt
1/4 ts Black pepper
1. Warm 1 tablespoon of the oil in 8-quart Dutch oven over medium-high
heat. Add mushrooms; cook 7 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove
mushrooms and their liquid to medium bowl.
2. In large plastic or paper bag, coat veal with flour in 2 batches,
shaking off excess. Place in single layer on wax paper
3. Warm 2 tablespoons of the oil in same Dutch oven over medium-high
heat. Add veal in batches to make sure pan is not crowded. Cook until
browned on all sides. Remove to large plate.
4. Warm remaining 1 tablespoon of oil; add onion and cook 3 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, with vegetable peeler, remove 2
strips (about 5 inches long) of peel from oranges, then squeeze 3/4
cup of juice; set aside.
5. Reduce heat; add orange juice and broth, stirring to scrape up
brown bits. Stirin browned veal and juices, orange peel and garlic.
Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until veal
is tender, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in mushrooms with their liquid and carrots; cover and simmer
20 minutes, or until carrots are tender Add salt and pepper.
Dinner Plan: Remove 1/2 of stew to microwaveproof container; cool,
then freeze for later use. Serve remaining stew. (Approximate
microwave times: Defrost 35 minutes; reheat 8 minutes, stirring once
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!